Study in Canada

Each year, close to 600,000 students come from abroad to study in Canada

Permanent Residence for International Students

There are numerous options for international students who wish to obtain permanent residence in Canada.

Post-Graduation Work Permit Program

The Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWP) issues work permits to foreign post-secondary students who wish to remain temporarily in Canada after graduation to work in their field of study.

Off-Campus Work Permits for International Students in Canada

Foreign/International students may work off-campus by applying to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) for an Off-Campus Work Permit.

The education system in Canada encompasses both publicly-funded and private schools, including: community colleges/ technical institutes, career colleges, language schools, secondary schools,  summer camps, universities and university colleges.

Education is a provincial responsibility under the Canadian constitution, which means there are significant differences between the education systems of the different provinces. However, education is important to Canadians, and standards across the country are uniformly high.